CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Play Turns Into Practice

Alexandra already knows her colors and shapes but one day I had a few posters from my classroom out and she took them and started playing with them. Apparently she was making a bridge for her animals to crawl across so they didn't fall into the river (the tile floor). As she was making them go across the "bridge" I would say "Make the lion jump on the heart. Now the square. Make him jump onto white. And finally, Red. " We did this several times and I would change up the combinations. I even threw in some Spanish when we got to the colors because Amy always practices Spanish with her and she was able to understand that as well. When Camden is just learning his colors and shapes I think I'll break out those posters again and do the same thing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment