CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We're in the Kitchen Wednesday: Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag

Alexandra and I love popcorn! The girl and I ate almost an entire box at a Phillies game before and so I usually always have some of those 100 calorie mini bags around the house. But then I saw that you could pop corn kernels in a brown paper bag and in the microwave which is an added bonus. I like that I can put on just a pinch of salt and maybe a dash of olive oil and you have a healthy snack in just about 2 minutes! 

I found the idea on The Frugal Girls website and decided to give it a try. It is definitely cheaper to make than the bags you buy at the store. 

All you need is:
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
A brown paper lunch bag
any seasonings you want to put on the popcorn (I have tried salt and ranch seasoning so far!)

All we did was measure out the kernels, put them in a paper bag, fold it down, and then place it in the microwave for about 2 minutes (I listened for the pops to be a couple seconds apart so the time could vary on microwaves)

 My Little Helper 
 She measured 1/4 cup of the kernels (and thankfully none fell on the floor because Camden would be all over it!)



 Alexandra was checking out the kernels in the bag

I sprinkled her popcorn with a dash of salt and then for mine I sprinkled some Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning because I have been on a ranch kick lately


I can't wait to try some other flavor combos! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment