CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 5, 2012

Camden's First Birthday Shirt


For Camden's birthday I knew I wanted to try to make him a shirt. My sewing skills are still not the best so I made one out of a plain white T, some fabric, and an old t-shirt. The cost of the shirt was maybe $6 (at most) because the white T was $5 at Target, the tie was made out of fabric I already had, and the best part is that the "one" at the bottom is made out of an old T-shirt of my  husband's that he was about to donate to Goodwill. The iron on adhesive backing that I  used to iron on the pieces cost $3 but I barely used any and have a lot left for future projects so I'd say I didn't even use $1 worth. Beats the $20 you would normally pay for a first birthday shirt!

My next birthday project is to make a "Happy Birthday Camden" bunting using some scrapbook paper I just purchased. I found a blue/brown pack at Walmart today and that made me change the color scheme of his party. I went from green/brown to blue/brown. I'll also be making  his cake and cupcakes for his playgroup. I'm so glad that I can add my personal touches to his birthday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment