CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 Apples Up On Top

Little Bug loves the book 10 Apples Up On Top by Dr. Seuss. For a while it was a nightly bedtime read for us. I thought to go along with our Apple Week we would read it and do a similar activity that I used to do with my 1st graders. I thought just cutting out apples and putting them on the ground with her laying down would be the best option for us. Plus, I used apples that had Uppercase and Lowercase letters  on them so after taking the picture I cut apart the apple halves and she matched the Uppercase to the Lowercase. With my students they would draw themselves and then an assigned number of apples. Now that I think about it Little Bug does draw a pretty good circle so I suppose I could have done that too. I may just try it to see the end result. Later in the day she did a paper plate apple core. I outlined where the red should be (for the skin) and drew the seeds in the middle (I tried to make it look like the flower inside of an apple cross section). She just wanted to color all over with red but I told her that the red just goes on the top and bottom to represent the skin. She colored in the white part a little bit anyways. Oh well. Kids will be kids. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment