CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh So Yummy Pumpkin Muffins


So even though we are doing Apple themed activities this week I wanted to do a few apple snacks. But Little Bug kept wanting to eat apples whole........which is fine.....she loves fruit. This morning after doing our apple snack we were out of apples so I decided to do something with pumpkin instead.

The other evening while browsing around on Pinterest for some fall desserts I came across a recipe for pumpkin muffins using only two ingredients (both of which I had in my pantry) so I decided to give them a try. OH MY GOODNESS they are yummy, and so moist, and best of all - so easy! And I just love easy!

Pumpkin Muffins (recipe found on Sweet Verbena)

So all you need is a yellow cake mix and a 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree. Yep. That's it. Put those two ingredients in a bowl and mix. I used my electric mixer to make sure it was nice and smooth. I also added some pumpkin pie spice because when I tasted the batter it didn't taste "pumpkiny" enough for me. I didn't measure - just sprinkled it in until I found the desired taste. Speaking of taste.................you can taste the batter with no worries about raw egg! You just bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes at 350. So not only are they super yummy but super quick! You better believe that  I had a muffin right out of the oven when it could be handled. 

After having a muffin (or two.......or three........) I decided I was even going to make a cream cheese frosting to put into the middle or on the top of the muffin. No recipe for the frosting. I just mixed some butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and a bit of vanilla until it tasted the way I like it. 

I'm going to hold off on icing the muffins though just in case Chris doesn't want icing on his. I, of course, could eat that icing directly out of the mixing bowl. I may also try to freeze the icing for future use. We'll see what happens. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment