CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some Things We've Been Doing

This is very random but here are a few things we did last week. Really I have been spontaneous and found activities, made sure I had the supplies, and then did them!

There are so many things to do with these little foam alphabet circle beads. In my classroom I used them for spelling workshop but at home we can use them for so many things! Here Alex is sorting them by color. She would also say the letters (letter recognition) and you could do patterns, spelling (too early for that yet), and sorting. I had plastic string that you can bead them together with. I put that aside because I thought that would be way too hard to do. Sure enough though Alex found a piece and said "Look Mommy , I put it on the string" Good fine motor practice!

Alex is my number one helper in the kitchen. I do all of the measuring but she is my dumper and stirrer and she always licks the spoon. Here she licks the spoon after mixing our homemade "granola bars" (this did not have raw egg in it so it was fine!)

One activity Alex loved was writing on our window. I have some window markers and was a little reluctant to bring them out. I knew they would be a hit but I wasn't sure if it would be too much of a hassle. The good news.......I finally cleaned my sliding door windows which have not been cleaned for about 6 months!

G is for Goldfish - very random but quick and easy (and that is what I am looking for with a newborn at home!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment