CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lightbulb Sentence Sort

Whenever I'm looking for something different for Alex to do it's always nice to be able to go downstairs to our basement to my "wall of my first grade/second grade classrooms" and pull out an activity. I always bring up thematic books and look through my seasonal binders to see what I have.

I happend to find this sentence sort activity that I made on lightbulbs for the Christmas season. I wrote out sentences about Christmas, mixed them up, and asked Alex to put them in order. It was great to watch her read the words and realize that the period goes at the end, the capital letter goes at the beginning, and the other words go in between (in an order where they make sense). As she did two of them she kept asking "Can I do another one????"

For example for one of the sentences I arranged the bulbs so they read:
Christmas 25. is on December and then she had to make it read "Christmas is on December 25."

Who knew something so simple could be so fun?






0 comments:

Post a Comment