CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Salt Painting

I saw this idea at Housing a Forest to do salt painting and thought that is a simple and quick art project that Alexandra and I could do while Camden napped. She loved it! First of all she could go crazy with glue on the paper, then dumping salt, but I think watching the paint spread over the salt impressed her most of all. I wish I would have gotten her reaction on video! 

The directions are easy:
1. Use a glue bottle and make an abstract design (or picture if you like) on your paper.
2. Spread table salt over the glue until it is completely covered.
3. Using watercolors just dab the paintbrush onto the salt and watch the color spread. Be careful not to press too hard as the glue is still wet underneath. * I made the paints super watery for her so that the water would just drip off of the brush onto the salt and she was less likely to "drag" her brush while painting. 
4. Let dry! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment