CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 20, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday: Baseball Lunch

It's Muffin Tin Monday! 



It's late August and one of my favorite times of year - time for the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA . I grew up about a half hour from Williamsport so I would always love going up to watch some games at the field. It's a great place to take the family to watch some good baseball - and best of all - it's free AND the food doesn't cost an arm and a leg either!

I played Little League softball as a kid  but our team never made it to the World Series. We did get to Regionals though and were a few games away from making it. Those days were some of the best days of my childhood!

Now as a parent I can have the dream of being a  "World Series Mom!" I always thought about how cool it would be to be up watching the games with my son playing! He is only 17 months old now but maybe 11 years down the road it will happen. Or maybe he won't play baseball and that's fine too - at least we can go and watch some games!

Next year I do want to take the kids up to watch them live. We have been watching them on TV and Alexandra, who is 4, told me she wants to sign up to play in a game. I told her that in the Spring we could sign her up for teeball.

So anyways. in honor of the Little League World Series I thought I would make a baseball lunch.


Here is the lunch - I just made a pitcher, batter (minus the bat) and field (bases with cheese-it's and home plate with American cheese). This game features the home team, the Teddy Grahams vs. the visiting team, the Animal Crackers. 

Can you spot the mistake in the lunch?????? After looking at it now I realize....Animal Crackers should be pitching  instead of the Teddy Grahams!! My mistake and it's one I shouldn't have made being a ball player myself! Oh well! This is what happens when I am trying to do 5 different things at once! 

For more inspiration and to see cute lunches please visit Muffin Tin Mom!