CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday: Make Your Own Pizza

MuffinTinMom.com

It's Muffin Tin Monday...and we seriously need to do our grocery shopping. We hardly have anything for lunches (and I just don't want to make mac and cheese every day), and for breakfast we are getting a little sick of toast as well. I hate not having fresh fruit in the house! My husband does the grocery shopping and he was going to go Saturday. Well on Saturday he said about going Sunday. Then yesterday he didn't really feel like it and I was thinking - Oh NO! I  had strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, cheese, etc all on the list because we love them but also because I wanted to make Alexandra a Red, White, and Blue muffin tin lunch. 

So today I tried to make due and since I had some pizza dough that I was going to use for some stromboli I thought she could make some star pizzas. She loved that idea! She loves cooking, loves pizza...AND as I type she has eaten the pizzas and is now finishing the leftover sauce with a spoon. She is definitely my daughter because I would do the same! And especially because I LOVE my pizza sauce - it's Chef Boy-ar-dee  and the "Chef" was actually from my hometown. The Chef-Boy-ar-dee factory is there and a few of my relatives work there, which means that I can get cases of that stuff for cheap!! (way below store cost!)

But anyways, what I did was I had her roll out the dough with my help and then she cut the stars out with a cookie cutter. I baked them and I was planning on having her add her toppings and pop it back in the oven to melt (especially since the bag of cheese was in the freezer!) but she had other plans. She made the pizzas and started eating them and said "I love frozen cheese". Ok. Whatever. It doesn't matter to me! 






For more ideas visit Muffin Tin Mom 

2 comments:

Unknown

These really look yummy! What a wonderful chef you have at your house.

Anonymous

Love this idea! I am going to have to try it! My boys love being able to make things on their own, so this would be right up their alley! Great job!

Post a Comment