CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Countdown

It's so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I just LOVE Thanksgiving! I just love the family time and the food. This year I saw something on Pinterest that I thought would be a good way to countdown the days until Thanksgiving for Little Bug. Little Monkey is really too young to understand the whole meaning and enjoy most of the food although he will be 8 months (almost 9) so I am going to give him his first taste of mashed potatoes and maybe some cranberry sauce.

While browsing on Pinterest I found a cute Thanksgiving Advent Calendar - using a muffin tin and paper over top. I just happened to have everything I needed to make this and really the only cost I will be putting into it may possibly be some supplies to make a few snacks. Other than that it's free for us!

So I covered each muffin cup with a piece of fall paper. On the inside of the fall paper I wrote an activity, snack, story, or other thing for us to do together each day leading up to Thanksgiving. Of course on some of the cards Little Bug has to name some things she is thankful for. And as a special treat in each of the muffin cups I also put 1 piece of Halloween candy that Little Bug collected (she hit the jackpot!) so I thought this would be a good way to ration it out.

So each day I want to take a picture of our activity, snack, etc that we are doing to share with you. Today was our first day and her card said "Put up a Happy Thanksgiving gel decoration on the glass door".

She looks like she has chipmunk cheeks here (she has her PB cup in her mouth!) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment