CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Letter of the Day - Letter R

When I told Little Bug that we would do Letter of the Day activities I asked her what letter she wanted to do  - and she chose R so that is what we did. Here are some pictures of the activities we did today:

First she sorted the wagon wheel pasta by colors ( I colored the pasta using rubbing alcohol and food coloring)

Grabbing a bunch of pasta
I drew a rainbow and had her line up the pasta. I helped her the most with the red showing her how to do it but she did the rest on her own. 
Little Monkey just sat and watched (he was supposed to be napping but wasn't so he joined us)
After she made the rainbow she went and got the foam letter R from her playroom. 
Then we looked at the letter R on starfall.com She uses my phone as a mouse (she would try to touch my screen like she does with my phone but I told her it doesn't work that way - so I set up my phone as a mouse)
Next, she did some do-a-dot painting
R is for Rose
Finally, with the leftover pasta I had her work on some fine motor skills by using tongs to move the pasta from one container to another. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment