CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Snack Boxes

Normally when we take a road trip if the kids want a snack I'm passing them from the cooler to the back seats. This year I decided to try something different. I made each of the kids their own snack box.  I made Camden a blue one and Alex a pink one, each labeled with their names. The boxes are easy to open and snap shut so the goal is to be able to have them pick their own snacks in the box that they want to eat. They each got the same snacks so there won't be any complaining that one sibling got something that the other one didn't. I tried to include some "healthier" options - apple slices, string cheese, applesauce pouch, and pretzels, but also included a few "treats" like graham crackers and fruit snacks.

The first part of our trip will be almost 7 hours. So when we reach the halfway point I am going to give the kids each a little treat cup with candy corn, gummy worms, swedish fish, a tootsie roll, and a few marshmallows - that cup will be a total surprise so hopefully they like it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment