CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Homemade Slime!

I know we've made slime before. In fact, you can find the post here,  but this time around I thought it would be cool to make glitter slime! Too bad it didn't turn out the way I wanted. I believe I added too much Borax and what we ended up making was more like the consistency of a bouncy ball rather than slime. Although it wasn't truly slime the kids still enjoyed playing with it. 
Slime Take 1



Slime Take 2
Luckily I had another bottle of Elmer's glue laying around so I made another batch of slime...this time I was careful and added the Borax mixture a little bit at a time so that I could get the consistency right. 

The recipe I used does contain Borax so I was right by the kids' side when playing reminding them to keep it away from their mouths. Next time I am going to try a recipe that is Borax free. I found a recipe with Metamucil so I may give that a try. Below is the recipe that I used.

Recipe:
1 bottle of Elmer's Glue
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 tsp Borax
food coloring if you want

Directions:
1. Dissolve the Borax in the warm water (warm water helps it to dissolve)
2. Empty the bottle of glue into a bowl. Add a drop of color and mix in. 
3. Add the Borax mixture a little at a time and mix well. Mixing it with your hands is best! 


Of course the first thing Camden did was make a run for his cars. Any time we make any kind of substance he loves to run his cars through it and make tracks. The nice thing is that the cars don't stick it the slime. 

Alex liked stretching it



I knew I saved some baby jars for some reason! Great storage for slime! 

In the future I do want to try to make a Borax free version and when I do I'll post it so stay tuned! 

Oh one more thing....I really should have taken a picture this morning. I came downstairs and found slime stuck on the wall! Luckily because it was a thin layer and the glue had dried it peeled right off. A little magic eraser got the rest off. This morning Camden also got some stuck on his shirt. That was a little harder to remove...hoping the rest comes off in the washer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment