CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cloud Dough

My kids love playing with Play-doh. I like it and loathe it at the same time. I like it because it keeps them entertained for 45 minutes (not bad for a 5 year old and 3 year old) but loathe it because every time they play with it more ends up on the floor than on the table. I always have them play with it on a table on a tile floor....but with carpet nearby I feel I'm constantly nagging at them "Keep it on the table!!!", "Don't drag it onto the carpet", "Pick it up if you drop it", and "When you're done put the cap on it or it will dry out".It's tiring!!!

Last week we had a nice day so I decided to try a different type of dough - cloud dough. I thought I'd take it outside and they could play with it out there. That way if it drops it's no biggie. Camden always loves dragging his construction vehicles in things so I figured he would love to do that and sure enough that's how he spent the entire time playing.

The recipe for cloud dough is simple with two ingredients: flour and baby oil. I found a recipe that where you use 1/4 cup oil for 2 cups flour. I started with this and just added more oil or flour until it felt like I could mold it.

It was definitely a hit! Alex and Camden seem to love sensory play! I'll be breaking out this recipe again sometime when the weather is consistently nice and we can head out back on the deck!


Cloud Dough Recipe:
1/4 cup baby oil
2 cups flour

Mix until combined. Add more oil or flour until you can mold the dough.



0 comments:

Post a Comment