CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Homemade No Cook Playdough

Alexandra LOVES playing with Playdoh. Ever since she was about 2 she has loved it and each year at birthdays and Christmas she usually gets a new Playdoh set or tools (since it always seems to be on her wish list and I'm not going to lie - I like playing with it too!)

Now insert toddler brother who thinks everything that falls to the ground is food. I'm pretty sure he has already managed to eat a small piece of Playdoh so I figured I'd just make some homemade dough so that if he does get it into his  mouth it won't hurt him.

I found dozens of dough recipes on Pinterest so I just started trying different ones. So far my favorite is the 4 minute no cook recipe over at The Imagination Tree because let's face it, I'm a busy mom and the quicker the better and it's super easy to make!!! And another added bonus was that I usually always have the ingredients in my pantry!



Here are the basic ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
2 TBSP cream of tartar
up to 2 cups of boiling water

Optional Ingredients:
food coloring
few drops of glycerine (makes it more shiny)

Directions: 
Mix the flour, salt, oil, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl
Add the boiling water
Stir until it becomes a sticky ball of dough
Add food coloring and glycerine if you like
Let it cool and then take it out of the bowl and knead it until the stickiness is gone
Add flour as needed if it is still sticky after kneading
Have fun playing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment