CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 18, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday: Fish Lunch






It's Muffin Tin Monday and this week I am away at my mom's house so I am posting a lunch I did last week. Two weeks ago I was making a cake (see above) for a friend's daughter's birthday and I was doing a beach theme. Alexandra watched me all week working on cake decorations and by the time she saw the cake she kept saying "Mom I want THAT cake!" She has a birthday coming up next month and I am doing a Candyland theme and she said "After my Candyland cake can I have THAT cake???" so the point is...she loved the cake. 


So since I couldn't make her a cake I made her an ocean lunch (and added in some icing as water as a treat.) I made the fish using the fish cutter I used for the fondant cake decorations, and made her a jelly sandwich with cheese strips. Underneath I used little baby goldfish and celery and carrots as seaweed and coral. I tried putting this into a muffin tin but the fish just bent and was about to break and I wanted it to look like an ocean scene. So next week we'll be back to the muffin tins. But either way I think she liked her lunch and by the end she was dipping her celery in icing. Ewwwww.


For inspiration for your muffin tin lunches visit Muffin Tin Mom


1 comments:

Unknown

This is so cute! I love the waves. JDaniel would dive into them first.

Post a Comment