CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 16, 2012

In the Kitchen: Stromboli Balls

Alexandra helped me make several things the past few weeks but one of the kid-friendly meals she helped me make were stromboli balls. I make homemade pizza or stromboli once or twice a month, especially since I found a really good pizza dough recipe to make in my bread machine from Salad in a Jar

The dough makes enough to make probably two pizzas, two small stromboli's or one large one, and maybe 24 or so stromboli balls. 

To make the stromboli balls I made the dough, rolled it out and used a circle cookie cutter to cut out circles. Then, we rolled out those circles and filled them with pepperoni, some cheese, and a piece of ham. Next, I brought up the outer edge of the circle and bunched it together like a little coin purse, making sure to seal it tightly. Then placed the stromboli balls, seam side down, in a greased baking pan. I brushed the tops of the balls with some butter and sprinkled a little garlic parmesean mixture I concocted (it consisted of garlic powder, grated parmesean cheese, kosher salt, a little pepper, and oregano). I baked them in a 400 degree oven until the tops were golden brown (maybe 15-20 minutes or so). Serve them with a side of pizza sauce and dig in! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment