CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

Little Bug and  I made some salt dough ornaments the other day. They were so easy to do! Here is how you make them:

Ingredients: 
2 cups flour
2 cups salt 
1 cup water 

This amount of ingredients made about 25 total ornaments - some were regular sized and some were mini ornaments. 

So all you need to do is mix up the flour and salt and water in a mixer until it becomes a dough that you can roll out. I added a little extra flour to my dough after it was all mixed.

Next, roll it out - and cut out the shapes. Little Bug loved cutting out the ornaments but it was my job to put them on the cookie sheets because I did have to scrape a bit to get them off because I didn't put down enough flour. They don't spread out at all so you can get a bunch on a cookie sheet. 

Then bake at 250 until they are totally dried out - I cooked mine for about 4 hours and flipped them about halfway through the cooking.

After they cooled it was time to decorate. We just used tempera paint but you could use any kind - the ornaments are easy to paint and add glitter or whatever other embellishments you want. The painting was probably her favorite part (can you tell by the big orange/red blob on her shirt?) She probably decorated about 5 ornaments by the time I got 2 done. The girl loves to bake and paint so this project was definitely win win for her! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment