CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ice Cube Painting

Little Bug loves painting in any way, shape, or form. I saw an idea to do painting using ice cubes on other several blogs and through Pinterest. I decided to give it a try. Basically you make ice cubes, add a few drops of food coloring, and toothpicks to hold the ice cubes and then as the ice cubes melt it's like painting with watercolors. It is food coloring so yes, if it gets on your hands it will stain for a little bit but comes out after a few washes! I always have Little Bug use my old softball t-shirt as her smock so that she doesn't get it all over it. It goes down her calves so basically she's all covered! 

I've made popcicles before too in ice cube trays and one day I came down to get out the paints and I saw a few were missing and I saw the toothpicks in our sink. I thought my husband  (who didn't know these were paints) ate them. Luckily he said they just fell out and broke. They wouldn't have tasted that good! 

When you are done painting for the day just re-freeze or discard the ice cubes. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment