CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Spy

I've read all over about sensory bins and I have wanted to make one for Little Bug for a while. Well this wasn't a sensory bin per say  but it was fun for her to dig through some rice to find the letters of her name. I hid foam letters for her name and then threw in some colored pasta to challenge her. She had a fun time finding her name and lining up the letters. She already knows how to spell her name but practicing can never hurt. We were able to work on letter recognition (again she knows her letters but practice is key!) and so she would say each letter when she would find it. When she would put the letters upside down  I would have her look through and see if the foam letters matched the ones I wrote. 

I thought she would enjoy digging her hands into the rice but she preferred to use her spoon. Then she hid the letters for me to find and I wanted to use my hands and she insisted I use the spoon - she thought I was "cheating" by using my hands!







0 comments:

Post a Comment